After being discussed in Congress for nearly a year and a half, the SECURE Act 2.0 passed in January. Much like the original version a few years earlier, this piece of legislation made a long list of retirement planning changes, many of which will impact the people we work with in the Philadelphia area.
In this episode, we’re going to boil it down to four provisions that many retirees and pre-retirees will want to know about and plan to have a discussion about with a financial advisor. Listen to today’s episode to see what you need to know and learn four ways the new changes might impact you.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- What Anthony has been up to personally and professionally during the podcast break. (0:31)
- The age to start taking required minimum distributions (RMDs) is being pushed back again. (5:40)
- The option to roll 529 money into a Roth. (9:58)
- Employees still paying down their student loan will be eligible for their company 401(k) match. (12:47)
- The Roth option for retirement accounts. (14:25)
- Should you start converting as much of your IRA to Roth as you near retirement? (17:23)
Subscribe on your favorite app: