Ep 52: Fore Your Retirement: What Golf Teaches Us About Financial Planning
Are you a golfer? Even if you're not, the game of golf can teach us valuable lessons about retirement planning. For example, hitting a hole-in-one might be thrilling, but it won't necessarily guarantee your overall success. And just like you need different clubs in your golf bag to play a round, you need a well-balanced approach to your investments in retirement.
But perhaps the most important lesson from golf is the value of having a caddy. In retirement planning, a financial advisor can help you navigate the hazards and make the most of your financial "clubs." Tune in to this episode to learn more about how the game of golf can help you plan for a successful retirement.
And since we’re gearing up for the start of the golf season as spring rolls in, we wanted to start the show today by sharing the spring cleaning Anthony has been doing with his own finances. We talk all the time about steps and actions you can be taking but now it’s time to share what we’re doing to get organized.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Anthony shares the spring cleaning he’s done with his own financial planning. (1:23)
- The hole-in-one in golf is great, but it doesn’t necessarily equate to overall success. (6:13)
- Picking out the clubs in your bag is much like giving yourself all the financial tools you might need to succeed. (8:28)
- The benefits of having someone to help guide you like a caddy. (11:36)
- Is it safe to cancel life insurance once your kids are off the payroll? (15:18)
Subscribe on your favorite app: